THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 15, 2008

.:: ENGLiSH PaRLiMeNTaRY STYLe DeBaTE ::.

Mood: I'm finally well enough to blog.
Yay. No pictures yet though, can't find the cable.

11th June 2008

I can't believe that the day came so fast.
We weren't really anticipating it or anything.
In fact we were VERY unprepared.

Anyway, the night before,
I was already having a headache,
but I held up the whole day in school till around 4.30
after Physics extra class.
Once I reached home,
I immediately had lunch and bathed
and then tumbled down after having 2 panadols.


I slept till around 10.30pm
before I woke up to memorize my script for the next day.
Yup, leave it to me to do everything last minute.
I had to do the reply speech as well, luckily it was only a page long.
Easily memorized that.

All I had to worry about was rebuttals.
So anyway,
The next day, we went to Afzan,
around 9 something, or so.
Turns out Air Putih came late, so
they were starting out late.


My teacher made us all have breakfast in the canteen.
At first, Pn Intan thought my being fever-ish was just
due to stress, so I just ate a plate of
nasi lemak and drank a glass of hot tea.
It was delicious for canteen food.

While I was eating,
Cat passed by the canteen and saw me.
Then we talked and then i found out that she was
the Madam Speaker for the day. =)
Miss Speaker *


I saw a lot of other people too,
Abhi, Kavitha, Swarna, Malreen, Shanice,
Shin Wei, Mun Wei, etc.
Sorry if I missed any names out, was to dizzy to remember.

We managed to watch the preliminary rounds,
Afzan VS Air Putih.
The bill was:
THBT Schools Should Do Away With Uniforms
or something like that.


The first speaker from Afzan had a really cute voice,
no one would believe that she was Form 5 lol!
Afzan was government and Air Putih was opposition.

What was funny was,
when the 3rd speaker of the opposition was speaking,
he got POI-ed by the government 3rd speaker
and he said, "denied".
Then, 3rd speaker GOV took up the mic anyway and
said, " I'm the 3rd speaker"

Then, the OPP was like,
"okay, fine, accepted."
I was like, WHAT just happened?


Anyway,
Afzan won fair and square,
they really had good speakers.
I liked the 1st speaker best cause of her cute voice.
And she really made her points clear and concise. =D

By the time that was over,
I was like burning already.
Cat touched me and she was like, "omg."
And she and Abhi and the rest did the sweetest thing ever.
They went around to look for Panadol for me.
Immagine that?
So sweet of them!
Thanks a lot !!


But unfortunately,
they couldn't find any because of some school rule...
didn't quite catch it.
I was praying that government would go up then.

My team consisted of:
Banun (1st GOV)
Marjan (2nd GOV)
Faiz (1st OPP)
Myself (2nd OPP)
and Ishwaar (the Rebutter)

By then,
I think my face was as red as a tomato.
And i was having spots all over.
Well, there was no other choice than to put up with it.
So I did.

In the quarantine room,
for the whole hour,
I was a bit relieved because government would be going up.
But it was a bit tense because of all
the stupid POIs I threw at Marjan and Ishwaar.
In the end, I ended up arguing with Ishwaar,
rebutting all his rebuttals.


The bill for the semis was:
THBT University Education Should be Free.
 NOTE: THBT - This House Believes That

 So anyway,
Afzan was POI-ing Marjan like mad.
She accepted the first two,
and then she declined, but said she'd answer after the debate.
Then, the funniest thing happened.

2nd Speaker GOV:
does that mean you're not going to accept our POIs anymore?

Marjan:
I will, after this debate. Let me continue...


2nd Speaker GOV:
We have a right to POI.

Marjan:
and WE have a right to DENY.

Gosh I almost died there.
Anyway, I never got to see the match till its end
because I couldn't put up with the heat any longer.
My Mum came and took me to the clinic.

The doctor looked solemn,
and then said,
"I suspect its German Measels. But we'll find out after two days."
and He wrote me an M/C for 2 days.

12th June 2008.


I slept till around 1 am, before waking up to memorize my script.
My inbox was flooded by worried SMS-es
by my team mates and teacher.
Especially Marjan.
See, if I couldn't go the next day,
she'd have to memorize my script for opposition,
as well as hers and both reply speeches.


So no matter what,
I had to push myself to go for it the next day.
Also because I wanted to go,
and not let my team mates down.

The finals was against SMART,
my ex-school.
When i walked in,
Amalen was like, "Why are you so pink today?"
Apparently, that day,
to everyone, I looked like I had sun tan.
Thank God it didn't look more serious.

And as luck would have it,
my teacher made me draw the lots.
And I got OPPOSITION!
I screamed.
My teacher had been praying that opposition would go up,
mainly cause it was easier.

I mean with a bill like:
THBT The English Idiom, "Money Maketh a Man" Is True,
It is easier to defend when you're opposition.

All the other teams came to watch the finals.
And I saw a lot of familiar faces.

For the government team,
Chew Yee was the PM.
Adam, i think... was 2nd GOV
and Amalen was the rebuter.

In the end,
Amalen got the best speaker,
because he deserved it.
And SABS won the finals.

I was glad it finished quickly,
cause I felt like collapsing.
I didn't even stay for lunch,
to much food that I cannot eat to be seen.

So instead,
Mum drove me straight home.
And I stayed in bed ever since.

Thanks for everyone who've supported me and
wished me good luck.
I hope I get better soon,
starting to miss school,
eventhough most people don't realize I'm not there.
But that doesn't mean I should stop liking school, right?

0 memories: