THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 3, 2008

.:: CHoRaL SPeaKiNG // SCRaBBLe ::.

I know... I was supposed to blog about CHoral SPking a LONG time ago, but better late than never, right?
*AHEM*
So anyway... SABS won 1st for choral speaking,
2nd went to Afzan and 3rd to SMART (my ex-school! so proud of them!)
I was totally FREAKED out because during the final practice before going on stage
I totally forgot the script!
Immagine that!
*As the conductor, to forget the script is a HUGE thing...
Cause everyone else is supposed to follow your lip synch.
So when the consolation prizes were announced...
And the 3rd place... we were screaming cos we didn't end up 3rd.
and 2nd place... AFZAN!
We were practically hugging each other like nobody's business! Haha!
We were so happy that day.
The NEXT day,
all my team members were like asking, "When are we practicing for STATE?"
Considering the fact that we ONLY PRACTICED 5 DAYS before the competition,
to get 1st is a huge achievement.
Thanks tons, Mum for the help!!
AND SCRaBBLE!
Okay, so SABS U-18 Team comprises of...
BEGINEERS...
So my initial aim was only to get 3rd place to go nationals to meet everyone else, as promised.
But I guess it was kind of unfair of me to expect so much out of them
when we only had A DAY's PRACTICE.
Mainly cause, too much time focused on Choral Speaking,
Thursday was labour day,
so Friday was the only day we practiced from 12 till 1.30pm. (Immagine 1 and 1/2 hours ONLY)
Thanks alot to those who wished me goodluck the night before...
Really appreciated your support and encouragement!
To be honest, i was kinda scared of the results on the next day,
but I was determined to give it my all no matter what, thanks to you guys =)
So the next day, I went back to SMART around 8am, which was kinda early.
I did a warm up match with Adele, Sabri, Manda and Gaaya. (My SMART friends)
It was really nice of my old school to welcome me back with open arms,
I really am lucky to have such GREAT FRIENDs!
Then, we sorta went through the list like old times... Aww! I miss those times.
Then the match begun when the scrabble lady came...
(Mrs Yap, i think... let's just call her the SCRABBLE lady)
My first match was against Joshua,
he's from my accounts tuition so I've seen him before.
He and the 2nd player, Navin were totally friendly so I enjoyed the match tons.
I don't know what happened, God must've lended me his strength
because I got all nice tiles for that round and I even made a BINGO!
The word was INSTALL (66 points)
So i won that match by a spread of 54,
but the rest of my team mates lost, which was okay because this was their first time.
2nd Match was WEIRD...
I had to play against my VERY OWN SENIOR!
Immagine how weird it felt.
Obviously, KD won fair and square cos she's an extremely good player.
She made 2 BINGOS:
The 1st round with the word TANNEST (66 marks)
and SUICIDE (72 marks)
before i caught up with her with 1 BINGO;
the word OBSERVE (69 marks)
but the last round she BINGO-ed again,
the word SALTIER (85 marks)
so I lost to her about 93 marks.
She really deserved the BEST BINGO award =)
I was really proud of my team mates here cos they all won, except me. =P
3rd Match was so-so.
Not too bad. I BINGO-ed as well..
I don't know what happened to me, seriously,
I haven't BINGO-ed so much in my life before.
4th Match was funny and enjoyable.
I had to play against SABRINA!! OMG!
This round both of us managed to BINGO. =)
Sabrina made TROVERS (70 marks)
and I made MERRILY (78 marks)
5th Match was the only one which I didn't BINGO, eventhough I almost did.
It was kinda scary cos I wanted a M to make the word EMBRACE
and I really got it the next round!
So, I did have the word EMBRACE on my rack, but not enough space to put. =(
Owh well.
In the end, my team got 5th placing,
I'm SO PROUD OF THEM!
For people who never played before,
this is really good!
Though I was a little sad because I thought I wouldn't be able to go to KL...
Mr Chan was the one giving the certs...
It was so nice to see teacher again!
Lastly they announced that they were taking individuals,
but i never hoped to get in...
BUT I DID! OMG!!
I was so happy to be able to go to KL with Sabrina and Dell!
And I'll finally be able to meet everyone!
So EXCITED!!!!! CaNT WaiT till 24th May!
Till Then... Have to go and read up stuff for Mid Year exam
(6th -23rd May) not to mention my BALLET GRADE 6 Exam... (11th May)
WiSH Me LuCK, KaY?

0 memories: