THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

.:: When I was just a little girl... ::.


Remember the times when you were younger,
When the world seemed a much simpler place,
When you didn't have to carry everything on your own shoulder,
and you could do things at your own pace.

As you grow up, you search and dig a little deeper,
To search for who you're meant to be, what you're meant to do,
With each passing day, you try and try harder,
Until the world decides to turn against you

Whatever happened to justice and fairness?
Whatever happened to the laws of right and wrong?
Cause all I see right now is disappointment and sadness,
All hidden behind a melancholic song

When I was just a little girl,
All I saw was a wonderful world,
With the wonders of the people in it,
And the kind things that each of them did.

And now, when I'm all grown up and still ageing,
I began to see so many different things,
Things I wish I'd still be blind to,
those horrible things that people can do.

When I was just a little girl,
Everything seemed right in this world,
We do things right and others will too,
But now, that's something only a child will do.

And now, that I'm no longer that little girl,
I can't help but wonder what happened to that world,
The one I used to know and love so much,
How could it have changed and become as such?

Somewhere, right now, a flame of hope's nearly dying,
And pearls of tears are waiting to trail down her cheeks,
But yet, she doesn't let them fall because she's still hoping,
Holding on, because she knows she's not weak.

Now, that I'm no more a little girl,
I can do my part to change this world,
Though one person like me can't do much of anything,
But having that resolution alone will keep me standing.

Come what may, try what you might,
You can never take away the vision that's set in my sight,
And the things I have said you shouldn't take light,
For someday, somehow, I'll win this fight.
And when I do, I hope that I can set things right.

Now all I can do is hope & pray,
And keep trying my best every  day,
So hopefully when I wake up one day,
I'll see the world I once saw,
When I was just a little girl.

A/N: This was written randomly, with no reference
to anyone or anything. If you feel like I'm talking about you,
then that's not me that's pointing fingers;
it's your conscience.
I'm just expressing thoughts.

Mood: A little sleepy and tired due to the awful stomach ache
earlier, but other than that, well, it's all part of life.

0 memories: