THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

.:: PuBLiC SPeaKinG iN LiPiS ::.


Mood: *swtdrop-ing*


[13-14 June 2007]
Well, guess the pictures do tell a million words.
After 1 day after being told...

I set out to Lipis. Miss Wai drove us all the way there.
And on our way, we passed by a lot of cows and trees and possibly, some unseen monkeys.
There was also a squirrel. The reason this is all I can say is because, that's all I saw along the way.

Might sound a bit insulting, but the roads there were VERY ULU.
We reached there around 5pm and had to go register at PPD Lipis.

The whole place was like a huge maze. Luckily, we had a couple to drive us there.

We took a twin single bedroom at Centrepoint.





We had to walk quite far just to find a chinese restaurant. And the only restaurant that was open, had only one miserable chicken sitting inside.

Apparently, all the chinese shops close earlier than 5pm. Great news.

After doing some shopping at a so-called "pasaraya" we went back to the room. I had to practice a few times. By 7pm, everyone was tucked into bed with pyjamas.



I slept at 10pm after sitting 3 hours in bed, watching some weird shows on the TV. I mean, who would actually do a documentary show about gays and lesbians...? And who's face is so thick to actually WANT to be interviewed as a lesbian / gay...?

Woke up around 6 am in the morning. Swallows can be seen flying outside the windows. (a mass amount, at that.)

Anyway, arrived at the hall of SMK Clifford safely. This is the 1st competition I attended that actually started without any LONG speeches. I like it.

I was the 9th participant and after called, I went up to deliver my speech, "Hakuna Matata"
Don't ask.

After the short break, we were quarantined in the room. I got to meet a lot of the public speakers there. Everyone was so friendly and we were engrossed in chatting, it felt like a long time before I had to go up on stage.

I told my teacher before the competition. "if they give a tittle that had something to do with Malaysia, I'm just going to tell the lady to disqualify me."

And as luck would have it, it DID have something to do with Malaysia.
"If you were the Chief Minister of a state, what would you do to make Visit MALAYSIA 2007 a success in your state?"

I wanted to faint. And the irritating part was, the lady in front of me wouldn't stop announcing how many minutes I have left. I mean, I know I only have 4 minutes!!

I crapped whatever I could on stage.

And... I kinda unbelievably won.

My mum was like, "Who was the one moaning about not wanting to go...?"

Anyway, reached home around 5pm. Was dead tired. Folios, homework and many more were awaiting me the next day.

[20 June 2007]
So, anyway, today I missed school because I wasn't feeling well... I am so dead tomorrow. Don't know which DUMMY went and told teacher I'm for sure to have stomach ache.

Oh well.

0 memories: