THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

.:: KWN PaNaSoNIc


Mood: a little exhausted but it was all worth
the wonderful one-in-a-lifetime experience I had in KL.
Thanks to everyone who made it so memorable!!

Where do i begin?
Let's see...

On Friday [25/7/08]

I rushed off on a flight to Penang for the Sudoku
competition in Sunway Carnival.
Penang was so great to be in,
and I'm totally missing the food there already.

The sudoku competition was okay I guess,
but I didn't win anything.
It's still kinda difficult for me.
Lack of practice and skills.
Gonna have to improve on that.


On Sunday [27/7/08]
DAY 1


I took a flight to Subang from Penang.
Had to wake up at 5am cos Grand-Aunt
was paranoid in case I might miss the flight.
In the end, I ended up checking in way too early.
This time, I had a nice nap in the plane.
I reached kinda early too, 8.45 when the arrival time was supposed to be 9.10am.

From Subang airport,
Chee Wei fetched me to his office in Subang.
MAS office is huge @.@
Who knows, I might wanna work there someday.

Anyway, after that,
he fetched me to Concorde Hotel in Shah Alam.
That was where my 4 days of PURE HAPPINESS began.


The first people I met in Concorde were Jasmeen and Lup Yee.
We happened to be the earliest ones.
Met with Karmen a bit later on.
I checked in for myself first because Banun and the rest haven't yet.
My room number was 925 and I was sharing it with Banun.
I had to 'surrender' my laptop for the Panasonic crew to install Pinnacle.

It started with a short briefing on how to use the AVCHD Camera.
If I'm not mistaken, it stands for A Very Clear High Definition Camera,
or something like that.
Note that this camera costs RM 8000.00
and we'll be using it for the whole programme.

Our assigned table in the freezing ballroom was table 11.
We were sharing it with the Pasir Putih guys from Johor.
Amir and Nasril and their teacher Pn. Shoba.
We had fun =)


Pn. Rusnah and Banun


Pn.Rusnah and Me

The whole day was spent on how to use the Camera,
checking the items.
Besides the RM8k camera, they are also giving us:
-40GB HDD
-4GB and 2GB SD Card
-Tripod Stand
-KWN T-shirts, notebooks etc

It may seem very little, but there were actually
a LOT of equipment.


The group assignment thingy.
We got 2 packets of lolipops for achieving this.

DAY 2

Day 2 was where the ice-breaking really began.
For starters, my appetite for lunch was spoilt thanks to
Kaelan and Avinash, who nicely re-phrased 'Baked Penne'.
I don't even wanna remember what they phrased it to,
but I know I'm not eating Baked Penne for some time.
(Try thinking 45 degrees and maybe you'll get it)
 These two are from SMK Seafield and they're a really funny duo,
always cheerful and such.

I think after that, me and Ban and RJ
shared a table with the USJ12 people.
Back then, we still didn't get to know them yet...
Banun bet with me that Eugene and Mun Yue were both
like me, Form 4 but not 16,
so I asked them...
And turns out that they were only 15 @.@
Unbelievable, with that height...

I seriously need to grow taller.
I was like "Cos he looks 'larger' than 15"
Don't ask why I used the term 'larger', it just came out.
LOL.
Then Pn.Shirley asked "Mature or size?"
And I replied, "both."
And then 'someone' syok sendiri
Me and Ban didn't get to know them that well till later on,
so let's leave that to later on. XP

We were all mixed up with other teams by Mr. Othman Hafsham,
Me and Ban ended up in table 15,
which was way at the back, with 6 other people.
They were Kit May and Jasmin from CBN,
Jasmine and Farina from Kedah,
and Badrol and Haris (if I'm not mistaken) from Rompin


Farina and Kit May

We chatted quite alot here...
Mostly thanks to Kit May who started all the conversations.
Then Miss Normah wanted us to each say
a 'creative' sentence to a partner that must not be from your own school.
And it was like so sudden 'caus she immediately went to our table.
So I 'sorta' volunteered and crapped a dumb question.
And Miss Normah actually made me repeat till I got all
the expressions and stuff right before Badrol was allowed to answer.

A little embarassing, but owh well,
I knew I wasn't the only one who was going to do the same thing.
My 'not-so-creative' sentence was:
Everyone has feelings, emotions, things they want to tell others,
so my question is, why do they always keep what they want to say in
their hearts and not express it?
(Don't comment)
Badrol's answer was:
Because I think they might be shy.


And after that, Miss Normah went to pick on other tables.
*phew*
When it came to table 11,
Amir asked Eugene what he would answer to my question,
and he answered "action speaks louder than words"
(or something like that)
Then Banun was like, "See I told you!"
And we started off debating on our 3rd motion for debate nationals,
"Well done is better than Well Said"

Then, we were seperated into groups again for the video shooting assignment.
This time, me and Banun were in Unit 6,
together with Fatur and Faiz from Kelantan,
 Danish and Farihin.
We were supposed to draw lots to see who would be
the cameraman, soundman, scriptwriter, director and 2 talents (actors)
Me and Faiz got talents for this round and
our subject was 'in the stadium'

At first, we planned to do a scene where the team lost
and the coach would be shouting furiously with the player,
but there wasn't enough time because after 30 minutes,
we still couldn't get past scene 1.
So what we did in the end, was an interview.
Simple and plain.
And to make things easier as we were rushing,
we just spoke on the spot with the languages we were comfortable with.
So I spoke in English and Faiz answered in BM.

We got good comments for this,
considering the fact that we rushed everything in 15 minutes.
Thank God.
I really love our team because everyone could
work wonderfully together and each
one of us was playing our part well.
I knew from then on, I was gonna miss our team,
Starlight Six.


At night, me and Banun were kinda tired after the whole day.
After taking a bath, the phone started ringing.
And so I picked it up...

"Room Service..."
And I was like ????
"Did you ask for 2 blankets?"
*Me: Erm, I think you got the wrong room.
"This is room 925, right? We got a call for 2 blankets"
???? So I asked Banun whether she asked for blankets,
and she said no.
*Me: Nope, we did not ask for blankets. I think you got the wrong room.

I actually believed it was really room service for a minute,
but the voice was really familiar and room service
definitely didn't have such good english.
So when the call came a second time,
I was like "Wait a minute, you're not room service, aren't you?"
Then they burst out laughing.
Yup, in actual fact, the 'room service' was actually Eugene and Mun Yue plotting.
LOL. Definitely won't forget that.
To think that they could still pull off something like that when everyone else
were so dead exhausted. Wow.

Me and Banun watched CSI before finally going to bed.
Haha.

DaY 3

NOTE TO SELF:
Make sure to bring a huge alarm clock if you share a room with Banun.
It is not easy getting her out of bed and out of the bathroom.

To wake Banun up, I jumped on her bed,
poked her several times and had to pull her blankets before she
would FINALLY wake up. It wasn't easy.
*phew*
Then, Banun spent a lovely 45 minutes in the bathroom,
breaking her previous record of 30 minutes the day before.

Anyway, breakfast was lovely this time,
mostly because they had milk!
Yay =P
I had 3 glasses of milk before I was too full to eat anything else.
It's not my fault milk is sooo delicious!


Qian Li being her hyper-active self.

We had an outdoor shooting this time,
and my team got the tittle
"Traffic Summons"
Mr. Hafsham said yesterday's talents couldn't be talents this time,
so me and Faiz were seperated to draw the lots.
The first time, I drew the middle piece and i got...
"TALENT"
Oops. Anyway, after that I got scriptwriter,
Faiz was the director, Danish the cameraman, Farihin got soundman
and Banun and Fatur were today's talents.


Remains of Banun's phone after Scene 5 Take 3. >.<

Banun was the grouchy policewoman and Fatur was the Lawbreaker.
We had to edit this video and it went well, I guess.
At first, I hated that Pinnacle software, but after paying a little bit more attention,
I grew to like this programme.
All the KWN participants went to the poolside for a photoshoot
and gosh, there were a lot of us.
I didn't get that shot because,
well, I was in the picture
XP But I did manage to get the teachers'

That's only the first half,
my camera wasn't big enough to cover the whole thing.

This time, the video preview was really testing our
patience, because it lasted till 12.15 am.
We were all dead tired by the time we reached our rooms.
'Some people' still got energy to go Starbucks wor...
@.@ Haha.

Day 4

Final day.
It was kinda sad to think that 4 days would be over so fast.
This was the day that I took tons of pictures. LOL.
Banun went back early cause she wanted to go shopping with her parents.

I missed the ending ceremony,
because I was eating lunch that I almost missed,
together with Pn Rusnah, Pn. Shirley, Eugene and Mun Yue,
because we had to line up pretty long just to seal
all the equipment boxes.

I'm gonna let the pictures do the talking now =)


My 'last words' on stage


I put Pn. Rusnah up there. Haha.
I got choked for that too.


Qian Li, Kar Men and Me =)


Lup Yee and Me =)


Me & Kit May


Lup Yee, Kar Men, Me and Jasmeen =)


Amir, Qian Li, Me & Nasril
(these are the people from room 921... buat kacau!)


Me and Kaelan


Faiz and me (Talents of Starlight 6)


Miss Normah and Me
(Panasonic!)


Kak Azizah, me and Qian Li


Group pic: RJ, Qian Li, Pn Shirley, Mun Yue,
Me and Eugene


This is what flashlight does to pictures.
I think Pn. Shirley took this one?


Eugene and Me


Me and Mun Yue


Farina and Me


Qian Li and Jasmeen =)

Well, there are too many pics to upload,
but the rest are in my Friendster profile.
Thanks to everyone who sent me pictures,
the ones i took with my phone were horribly blurr!
Hope we all make it to the finals! Friends forever and hope to see everyone soon!!
*phew* Finally finished this post... LoL.

3 memories:

Anonymous said...

jealous jealous... O.O

Ethan Liew Tjun Git said...

wah.. so good la... Got so many activities you can join... So how are you now? you look taller on pic... LOL... C Ya next year...

Resha Lim said...

To Ethan:
Haha, thanks.
I'm feeling much better now. Sorethroat's gone, but still on medication. Now busy with debate practices. Haha, thanks, glad to know I look a bit taller... LOL
Yea, see you next year!! =)
Hopefully I'll make it there next year... but that means I'll have to do some serious brushing up... @.@

to anonymous:
Erm... thanks...? Who are you anyways? Thanks for dropping by and commenting though =) Next time, it'd be nicer if you could mention ur name too =P