THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 17, 2007

.:: The GOLDEN Compass - a movie you should really watch at The GOLDEN Screen Cinema ::.

When asked, "Want a stuffed polar bear?"
MY ANSWER:

Of course I want one! Who doesn't?!
Bear, bear, are you there?
You are THE ONE THING I definitely won't share,
Bear, bear, where art thou'?

You are on my MUST-HAVE list now

THE GOLDEN COMPASS



WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT THIS MOVIE?
Well, here's a little piece of my mind with a few pictures I got from browsing the web.

The Golden Compass holds a big significance to me because it was aired in Malaysia on MY BIRTHDAY. One point there.

Anyway, I'm not going to summarise the movie and accidentally give spoilers, but take my word for it, it's definitely worth watching.




Lyra Belacqua (above)

Lyra Belacqua's your main character in this show. Her DAEMON (pronounced demon) is Pantalaimon. In their world, everyone has a daemon, which is actually their souls. One cannot be separated very far from their daemons. (A small exception to witches, though) What your daemon feels, you feel and the same thing the other way round. The golden compass refers to a device they created, also known as the alethiometer. This device allows you to find out the truth, but only one will be able to read it. The Magisterium (alike the Ministry of Magic in Harry Potter) feared the power of Dust (some magical unexplained phenomena that flows through you from your daemon and at the same time connects universes together) and destroyed all the alethiometers, except for one.


(An alethiometer)

Lyra manages to get an alethiometer, a gift from the Jordan college to her. It appears like your normal compass, golden in color, but with three arrows and a lot of small pictures at the sides. Only Lyra is able to read it.

What I like most about this movie is the DAEMONS. You just feel like getting a pet afer watching this movie. My two favourite daemons are Pantalaimon (Lyra's daemon, Pan for short) and Stelmaria,Lord Asriel's (Lyra's uncle) daemon, in the shape of a snow leopard. Daemon will be able to change forms at first before they finally decide on a form, which symbolises the change of the child to an adult-to-be. I've always been a great fan of big felines, and Stelmaria is no exception. Pan's voice is unsurprisingly cute.


(Serafina Pekkala & Lee Scoresby)


(Iorek Byrnison & Lyra Belacqua)

Also, Serafina Pekkala, leader of the witches caught my attention. She has got to be the prettiest lady I have ever seen. She is a graceful and elegant leader and often has a smile on her face, giving you this warm feeling. Lee Scoresby also captures attention with his impresive accuracy. His hare / rabbit daemon is also adorable. Iorek Byrnison, an armoured bear (also a polar bear) is also undeniably ADORABLE. He has such a briliant name and I love pronouncing it. He fights well and is very dependable. I MOST DEFINITELY WANT a polar bear!!

Owh and did I mention that deaths in this movie are really cool? (Nope, I'm not insane) It's just that when the human dies, their daemons burst into dust, making it look cool and beautiful at the same time.

In a nutshell, Philip Pullman has given me the BEST birthday present ever and I hope that I can receive the next two movies for my future birthdays! Don't fret, or you will regret. You just HAVE TO watch The Golden Compass, cause its great!

2 memories:

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here reshasymphonia92.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research presents that almost 60% of all USA adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Netflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Date Night 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks